Trumpington Pavilion:
Introduction to the history of the 'old'
Pavilion and the building of the 'new'
Pavilion. Follow these links for more
Original Pavilion.
Trumpington Tornadoes.
New Pavilion.
Open Days, 2009.
Opening Weekend, 2009.
Trumpington Pavilion, July 2009.
Trumpington Pavilion was originally
built in the early 1950's as a sports
pavilion to provide changing rooms
and refreshments for teams playing
on the King George V Playing Field.
The original building was about half
the size of the new main building,
including a small hall and changing
The Trumpington Tornadoes football
was one of the major users of
the Pavilion
from the 1970s to the
early 2000s
The old Pavilion gradually declined
and had been out of use for some
years. It was
renovated in 2009 by
Cambridge City Council, working
with the Trumpington Residents'
The building work involved almost
completely replacing the original
building, adding a new changing
room block and paving the
surrounding area. The Residents'
Association took over the
administration of the new building in
The Pavilion, from Anstey Way. Photo: Andrew Roberts, 17 February 2008.
The rear of the Pavilion, before the start of renovation work. Photo: Andrew Roberts, 26 August 2008.
Progress with building work at the Pavilion: with new steelwork and block work for the kitchen. Photo: Andrew Roberts, 1 March 2009.
Trumpington Tornadoes: A leading team in the 1980s.
Trumpington Pavilion: the entrance and frontage as building work nears completion. Photo: Stephen Brown, 10 July 2009.
Trumpington Pavilion
King George V Playing
Field, Paget Road
Cambridge CB2 9JF

Pavilion Manager
tel.: 01223 847433
Copyright © 2019, Trumpington Residents' Association. Updated 23 October 2019.
Registered Charity Number 1138271. A Company Limited by Guarantee. Company Number 6729377. Registered in
England. Registered Office: Trumpington Pavilion, Paget Road, Trumpington, Cambridge CB2 9JF.
Pavilion email: TRA email:
Trumpington Residents' Association